Do you feel the need to fast these days to draw closer to the Lord?

Not about religion or beliefs. For those who have a strong desire to draw closer to the Lord through fasting. Be nice. Thank you.

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 5:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, not really. I try to fast on designated days but not just because
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 6:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I fast on Yom Kippur, Tish a b'av, and the Fast of Esther. Three times a year are plenty

Answer by rkoloms at 6:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Having a relationship is a work in progress everyday.It's a challenge sometimes when u work go to school and have a household to maintain but you ask God to allow you to use your time wisely and he will show you what ways you can develop that closer relationship with him.
    cocoamom03

Answer by cocoamom03 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• There was only one time the Lord commanded a fast and that was the day the Bridegroom was not with them... the Day of Atonement.
    The bible speaks more about feasts than fast! How can we fast when Jesus lives within us! I do not fast unless the Lord tells me to and right now He wants me to experience feasting in Him rather than fasting. Its party time to rejoice in the live we have with Him living within us. However not everyone is called to not fast. We are to fast giving to the poor, healing the sick , setting the captives free and raise the dead. This means that is what we are to focus on with Him in the center of it all.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• It helps when I do...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:31 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• not really no
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:00 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• not necessarily to draw closer. I believe that is done by spending time with Him. I do think that fasting is God's recipe for breakthroughs. I've heard many testimonies of miracles happening during times of fasting. Also I believe the Lord will specifically instruct someone to fast for specific reasons.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:03 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I don't believe in fasting or denying any natural yearnings of the body.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• No I do not.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 2:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I fast when the Lord lays it upon my heart to do so. In that case, it's for a specific reason. Sometimes our pastor asks us to fast as a group for needs within our church, so I fast then as well. But to draw closer to Him--no. Like the other poster said, we do that by spending time with him.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:36 AM on Feb. 1, 2011