Does today's society make you feel like you have to be a thin person?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Health

• i think so but as long as you are happy with yourself dont even worry!
    DarlingDivaTutu

Answer by DarlingDivaTutu at 9:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yes. And all those commercials and crap with the females that have the "perfect" bodies don't help, either.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 7:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Society doesn't dictate anything that I feel, wish, want, or need. Society may have a stronghold over other people, but I am the only person who decides anything about me. I would like to lose about 80 lbs after my son is born (any day now) and be back to the weight when I met DH almost four years ago. That's me though and my want for myself. The MEDIA may pray on the idea of being thin and "perfect", but that doesn't effect me and how I feel. If I'm fat forever then I'm fat forever, but I know I can be thinner and I want to be for myself.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Yes... too bad it's not so easy for some of us
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• No, I just want to be healthy and thin for myself.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Before I got pregnant, I was underweight. Suddenly *not* being underweight has really shown how vain I've been with my body, and I've realized that yes, I do kind of feel the need to be thin.
    LiveBreatheSing

Answer by LiveBreatheSing at 6:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Not thin,anorexic!
    I haven't gained weight,but every year I go to buy clothes and my size has gotten bigger. When i was a kid,there was no such size as a XS or a zero. Those size shirt fit my 61 lb 9 year old son,I know,I tried one on him. I'm scared to think that there are women out there weighing around 60-70 lbs!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i have high standards for myself. after giving birth 6 months ago i went from a pregnant 160 to 124 and that was just too big for me. i'm 5'3 and i've always been petite. it took months for me to finally start getting back to normal despite working my ass off. i'm finally between 110 and 115 and thats where i need to be for ME. i felt like a whale at 120 and now i feel good about myself
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:10 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• It pushes me to keep my weight in check so that I can live with it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• yes, i look around me all the time and wonder if that ugly chick's sexy thin body makes me look like a pretty hunk of chunk.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2011