How has it become easier to deal with trials/situations you are facing with the Lord in your life?

Not a question about religion or beliefs. This is for those who have found promises in the bible to help them through the situations in their life because they believe God at His word. Be nice. Thank you

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 6:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• If it weren't for God, I know for a fact I would be dead right now, and I'd of died without accepting Jesus as my Savior, so I know for a fact, also I'd be in hell, suffering eternal separation from God. Since I have been saved, and grown in my relationship with both God, and Jesus, I can't even imagine what that would be like now. I won't go into specifics, but I would be dead, and that is a guarantee. God saved my life, then He saved my soul. He gave me life, then He gave me life everlasting. He is everything to me, and I am nothing without Him. I can remember what my life without Him was like,and I'd never want to go back to that life for anything. As a Christian, I may IN the world, but I'm not OF the world, not anymore. I'm just waiting for my Lord and Savior's return, and to be with Him in paradise forever,and that makes anything I go through here worth it all.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I look at them differently. Suffering now has a purpose. It shapes and molds me into a better person, I think....I no longer look at trials as some sort of divine punishment.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I can look at His promises for those situations. I'm learning to rely on God and let Him be in control. The scriptures I most use concerns worry, healing, salvation, and provision. When I focus my eyes on Him and spend time with Him then I know he will fulfill His promises. It's a journey Im on to fully submit and walk in complete faith. When I hand the situations over to Him I can feel the weight lift and it's amazing!
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:08 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It's supposed to be - an I know it can be... but to be perfectly honest, a lot of times it's not easier. i think having a positive out look or having a "positive personality" and being an overall postivie person is what is most effective. Not religion.
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 1:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I have hope now and I have a purpose. I fix my eyes on heaven eternity. I would be without the Lord is be living in sin not feeling conviction.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• yes because i always have that comfort of knowing no matter how bad it is ,i have backup!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I know that He will never leave me nor forsake me, as is stated in the Bible. I know that no matter what He is there with me and for me, and I believe that when a believing person prays, great things happen. He has brought me out of so many hard times in my life, I wouldnt be here today if it were not for Him and Him alone. He has worked miracles in my life, and I truly believe that He will continue to get me through whatever comes my way. I also believe that I can not have a testimony without a test, and I believe that sometimes we go through things in life so that we become stronger Christians, and also so that we can better help others. It is because of some of my past struggles, that I am close to the lord today. I wouldnt change my past for anything, even though it wasnt a pleasant past, but thats because today I have God in my life, and I couldnt be happier.
    Godslight85

Answer by Godslight85 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Absolutely! Jesus is my rock, my fortress, my shelter, my anchor in the storm...I don't have to carry any burdens because I can cast them upon the One who can carry them. I can rest easy knowing that He is in control.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:30 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Suffering has a purpose? If this isn't a question then please put it in a journal or a group. How does suffering have a purpose? Are you talking about specific suffering or all? You do realize that this might strike a few chords in those who have gone through things right?
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 7:30 AM on Feb. 2, 2011