Does praying to the Lord help you to have a better attitude with your children/family?

This is not about religion or beliefs. This is for those who have witnessed the Lord help them with what they are facing. Or have seen the the Lord improve their relationships with their spouse/SO/Children. Plz be nice. Tk you

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 6:06 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• When I am upset, it calms me momentarily. And of course, if I start trying to rely on myself at another point, I find I've fallen again... but He will always be there to pick me up :)
    LiveBreatheSing

Answer by LiveBreatheSing at 6:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Yes it does! Sometimes my DH or my toddler will just get on my last nerves and when I go to the Lord in prayer, it really does help!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 6:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I am not religious but more spiritual. That said, one day when I was at my wit's end, I begged God, the Universe, whomever, to help me with patience and anger. I prayed for about a week each night. My anger VANISHED which has allowed me to cope so much better. I can hardly believe it myself, seriously!
    Anonymous

• You better believe it does! God is always there, and when I ask Him for guidance, strength, wisdom, He always comes through. My family and I are much better with God in our lives.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I think it does no matter what religion you follow.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• IT DOES FOR ME
    kdtmartin

Answer by kdtmartin at 7:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• For me praying helps me and my relationship with the Lord.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Im not a prayer but I do have "talks" with god and yes I come out of them with a better feel of things
    kt2babies

Answer by kt2babies at 9:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• That's probably different for everyone. It helps me because I can voice my concerns to someone who isn't going to judge or answer, but just listen. Then I can get a fresh perspective. Plus most of the time, when I pray my prayers are answered relatively shortly thereafter.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 11:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• No, but I don't think I've been consistent enough to know...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:28 AM on Jan. 31, 2011