my baby is 19 days old and im having issues with severe depression.. not hungry, down in the dumps, anxiety and just want to cry all the time.. anyone went through this if so what did yall doto help yourself get out of the slump?

datgurlmeggy

Asked by datgurlmeggy at 6:08 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you breastfeeding?
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 6:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• You talk to your doctor.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i was breastfeeding but had to stop because i wasnt producing enough..
    datgurlmeggy

Comment by datgurlmeggy (original poster) at 6:10 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

Your baby is 19 days old when did you stop?
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 6:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• doctor made me stop tuesday.. i had one side that dried up she could only eat on one side..
    datgurlmeggy

Comment by datgurlmeggy (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Good for you for realizing you have a problem and need help. Post partum depression is very real and very serious. I had PPD after my first born, and ignored it, thinking it was just me and i would get over it. I ended up pregnant again within 6 months, and again chaulked it up to being hormonal and pregnant. It was after my second was born, then I went to my 6 week check up that it was diagnosed, and I got some help. My OB put me on 100mg of zoloft every day, and it helped a little but not enough for me. I saw my Primamy Dr. a few months later and she swtiched me to 40mg of Paxil. The Paxil made me feel better emotionally, but I slept every day. I had no energy to clean, or pack the kids to the store. Basic child care such as diapers, and cooking were exhausting. I also gained 60lbs the first 6 months I was on it. Call your Dr. and make an appointment to discuss your options. Calling a Dr. is the only way to help
    busywithbabies

Answer by busywithbabies at 6:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I'm sorry to say this but why would a doctor make you stop? Are there any medical conditions that need to be discussed?
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 6:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• im sorry to hear. i hope everything is ok and i hope you feel better.
    Bree_vee25

Answer by Bree_vee25 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• hun talk to your doctor, Im glad you see the issues within yourself that is a major step
    kt2babies

Answer by kt2babies at 9:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I know how you feel, because that is the same time I was hit with depression. First thing that you need to know is that what you're experiencing happens to a lot of moms and many don't tell others about it. Second, is good kudos to you for talking about it and wanting to get help. Thirdly, it will pass even though right now it may not seem like a light at the end of the tunnel.

I didn't want to take meds no matter how safe they were during breast feeding. What worked for me was taking two shots of Apple Cider Vinegar, a tablespoon mixed with water in the morning and at night. It sounds crazy, but do knock until you try it. I made sure that somehow (no matter what) I took a shower, brushed my teeth and got dressed even if I was staying home all day. Then I surrounded myself with helpful people, which was kind of hard since my friends and family don't live in the area. They made sure that they were, at least, always available
    tdbaas

Answer by tdbaas at 9:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2011