how to do red streaks in black hair?

so its time to re-dye my hair black but i want to put in red streaks, myself. should i dye my hair black then dye some pieces blonde a week later and then wait a week again and dye them red?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Avoid putting the black color on anything you want to dye red. You could wrap some sections in foil while you color, to keep the black off.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I agree with SWasson. Try to keep them from going black, then bleach them light(if you have darker hair) and then apply the red coloring.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• black is the hardest color to bleach out and will kill your hair too... you should take out strips of what you want to keep red and dye the rest black, it will take some time but it will be worth it in the end.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• if your hair is already black, bleach the streaks you want first, then dye the white streaks red. gl! sounds cool!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• good luck!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2011