what would you do

I feel odd in my head really just off sorta feeling but I dont have any pain. I do feel some odd itching sensations in my brain mostly the back of my head. I know,what??? I feel like I can't focus and sometimes I feel scared. I don't know if I should see a doctor or go to the ER and tell them. I dont have the money to get the help I need which is why going to the ER seems more accessible. Please dont bash me. I just dont know what to say to the doctor if I do go I dont want pills handed to me that wont help an dI dont want them to chase me away. Could a tumor make me feel like this? I've also had pain in my ovaries,what if its cancer could it make my brain do this? Maybe a warning to my body that something is wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Health

• How important is this to you? Going to the doctor and getting pills may help with many kinds of things. Could be anxiety or something you'll need an MRI for. Depends on if you want treatment or to live in the dark. Either way, if it continues, you really shouldn't ignore it. It could be your body telling you something is wrong. Good luck.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• It could just be a migraine, try drinking a large glass of water and see if it helps. Headaches are caused by dehydration and constriction of blood vessels. You can have a miagraine without pain. Unless it does not go away or you become extremely confused and unresponsive, with muscle weakness, then I do not think it is an emergency.

Pain in your ovaries area could be many different things many of them not having anything to do with your ovaries.

Both concerns are good reasons to try and get into see a doctor.

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• When was the last time you got a check up? Everyone needs a check up, and women need yearly ones anyway. Men do, too, but women really do. Go in for one, and tell the doc about this feeling. It could be anxiety. I have heard about L-theanine, it's an amino acid, and supposed to help with anxiety and such. Do your own research on it. Also, my hubby takes fish oil, and it helps clear his mind. As for your ovaries, it could be cysts, which could rupture. So, I'd suggest going in for a check up.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Your brain actually has no feeling. If you have pain on your scalp, its could be tension stress related.. or is your hair been in a poney tail to long. It kind of sounds like an anxiety problem. honestly an ER will be no help with anxiety. I've been that route before. To me anxiety sounds like what you are dealing with. What do your days consist of? Are you getting up and dressed and out of the house (even if just walking around outside) Walking will really help.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 6:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Stop worrying about a brain tumor. Those usually cause neurological problems like facial tics or shaking limbs...that kind of things. Going to the ER is WAY more expensive than seeing a doctor. Do some searching online for a free or sliding scale clinic in your area. It costs several hundred dollars to walk into an ER, it costs me $75 to go to a doctor's office.

Most abdominal pain is indigestion. Unless the pains are stabbing and keeping you from normal activities it probably isn't worth going to a doctor about. If you find blood in your stools (black, tarry stools) or you are running a fever, I wouldn't worry.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 6:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I meant to say, if you find blood in your stools or run a fever then go to a doctor about it.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 6:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• If you really don't have any money you can file indigenous papers and go to the doctor for free.

LadyQuin

Answer by LadyQuin at 7:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2011