i had an ultrasound done on Friday and noticed that my 11 week 4 day old fetus has a very flat face.

My Dr. Is sending me to a perinatoligist do to my baby having a very flat face. There is no family history of down syndrome. But they are still going to do test for down syndrome. Im so scared. Is there a possibility that the ultrasound was done in a bad angle or should i be worried that there really is something wrong with my baby?

gracetorres

Asked by gracetorres at 6:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Lots of early test show things that doctors want to investigate, but most of the time there is nothing wrong. Don't get really scared. Go see the specialist and see what they say.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 6:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• First of all Im sorry youre going through this stress. You need to have a peace of mind with yourself. know that whatever happens is out of your control and that everything will be great. I dont see how 11 weeks is far enough to come to that conclusion. Im not DR but Ive had "issues" with my dd that turned out to be nothing. Keep praying (if you pray) and be optomistic. Know that your baby is a blessing and that you will do all you can to be a great mom to him/her. GL and best wishes!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• the doctors just are very cautious...they want to put you mind at ease as well...11 weeks is still SO early...just relax and know that there is nothing you can do but take care of your little one :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Your baby still has a heartbeat, you are blessed!
    LadyQuin

Answer by LadyQuin at 8:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• try to think posiive until your appointment, keep your spirits up........ they told me my daughter had heart issues , when she was born no problems
    duwana

Answer by duwana at 8:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2011