How do I gain some motivation?

I am seriously lacking motivation to get moving to lose this baby weight even the weight left over from my first child. I used to be a college athlete and very disciplined, now it seems like I can barely get up and start moving. I know if i start exercising my energy level will go up, I just can't get started. I need to get moving for my health and my self confidence. Any ideas?

shanny35

Asked by shanny35 at 1:35 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I got motivated by just getting a gym membership. I'm not going to pay for something and not use it.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:41 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i started consuming monavie - helped my mood, the helped my energy , also helped my sleep patterns - it was kind of weird - but know - i am on the go =- happy all the time - and am over the top motivated - crazy for me because I suffer from chronic fatigue, people that suffer from this, at least myself, lack motivation of any kind - my hubby is so happy I am finally doing....

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 1:41 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• What is monavie?
    shanny35

Answer by shanny35 at 1:51 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Monavie is an exotic-fruit juice that supplements antioxidant intake.

You say you need some motivation to get yourself into better health. Well, motivation comes from within. Are you ready, willing, and able to change your lifestyle? Are you happy with how you look or feel? Maybe you can consider mapping out your goals with specific steps like this:
    For the next month (how long) I will take a 15-minute walk (realistic and specific) three days a week (how often) after lunch (when). OR I will eat a piece of fruit (realistic and specific) with breakfast and one with an afternoon snack (when) every day (how often) this week (how long).

Ready, willing, and able is your motivation and the key to successful lifestyle changes.

Yours in health,
    Dena
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 6:20 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I bought a couple of new gym outfits. Sometimes you just gotta suit up before you show up.
    marissa619

Answer by marissa619 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• seeing other hot chicks who are in shape, and are happy puts me in the mood to work out. cause it makes me feel like, "hey, i want to look and be like that!". lol
    Anonymous

• yea, thats tough. i searched the paper for a used treadmill and it is in my living room. looking at that motivates me alittle and its convienent so that i dont have to go anywhere or buy a gym membership. start out doing alittle and then add on to it each week or so. also, you could get a membership and a personal trainer. it might help since you have to set an actual appt time with your trainer. you might be more likely to go if someone is expecting you. but you are right. all it takes is getting started and keeping up with it.
    raisinkane

Answer by raisinkane at 4:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I put on my workout clothes and tell myself that I will workout for 5 minutes and if I still don't feel like working out I don't. Usually after 5 minutes I am wrapped up in the workout that I forget that I didn't feel like working out in the first place. I always feel so much better after my workout is over. Good Luck!
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• You could start by walking. I would meet a friend and we would walk for 45 minutes. After walking for a week or so, I had more energy. Try an aerobics class with a friend. I think it helps mostly to to be motivated...is to have a buddy to do stuff with. Also try to eat right. Make a list of healthy things to eat & keep a food journal.

Kristie_S

Answer by Kristie_S at 3:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2008