• In the Spotlight:

How can I change my diet back to my "pre-prego" diet?

I don't even remember what I use to eat or how I use to eat. I'm getting ready to ween my baby, but I'm scarred to start putting on the pounds again. I know I didn't eat bagels and cream cheese every day. I feel like I could easily develop an eating disorder, because I eat so much.

LadyQuin

Asked by LadyQuin at 7:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• schedule an appointment with your GP and ask for a referral to a nutritionist. eating right is a skill, and having a good teacher can make a world of difference.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 7:08 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I would start to look at adding plenty of fresh fruit and veggies and water. If you eat at least 2 pieces of fruit and 3 large glasses of water, that will help to balance out the bagel (get low fat cream cheese) then a large helping of veggies at dinner will help to keep you full till bed.
    But I know how you feel I turned 30 after having my last child, it has been hard to loose the baby weight this time.
    Maybe put a nice walk into you're evening routine, this would be good for both of you and give her baby a nice soothing ride before bedtime.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• make sure that what you are eating is healthy, watch portion sizes... and drink water. you should be fine
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:43 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Do some research on balanced diets.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 7:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Just watch what you eat and get rid of a lot of carbs & what not. You need carbs when you're breastfeeding.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:02 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Why don't you speak with your dr and get a referral for a good nutritionist?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:49 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• drink plenty of water and don't buy junk - you can't eat it if it isn't there!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You could always go to the local grocery store and talk to the dietician for free.They will walk you around and give you ideas
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Drink water, not soda. Cut out white, processed foods. Eat lots of fruits and veggies. Only eat junk food in moderation. Watch your sodium intake.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2011