Does Anyone Have DirectTv/Internet/ & Telephone/ Bundle?

I'm so tired of paying comcast $215.00 a mo for their services, but at least I know what I've got. DirectTV has Verizon, but alot of addons, which cost extra. Then they have internet w/15mbps, Comcast has 20, to get higher w/Direct TV it's more $ and then it's 25mbps. I just don't know anything about the package itself, seems too many add ons cost more . Plus I don't like Verizon. Anyone out there have their packages or any of their services?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Shopping

• I have tv, internet, and phone with Verizon. I have been very happy with the service. They fixed our phone and did not charge me anything when it was an inside problem. They are only responsible for the lines outside. When I moved the tv, I hooked up the direct tv box the wrong way and they talked me through it on the phone so we could watch tv again. Verizon just sent us a wireless internet modem. It did not cost anything and it came in the mail in the 3 busines days they said it would.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 6:28 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I used to have the direct tv package.They sucked everytime I wanted to talk about my bill I would have to call the qwest company for cable and internet and the direct tv for the cable .I know you might think is not a big deal but if I am paying them at the same time in a package then I shoudln't have to call two different companies . I would get overcharged and they would tell me to call qwest and quest would tell me call direct tv AND they both have a different customer number so it was just a mess. So in the end I just went to comcast they are okay and you can talk to them about everything with no hasssle .
    amparoortega

Answer by amparoortega at 8:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• we have a tv/phone and internet package much cheaper than different companies for different services
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:51 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I have cable internet with nothing else from that company, cell phone, and use Netflix and Hulu for TV.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Currently, we have cable in our home in Des MOines...
    But,we will have DirecTV,Phone,Internet,etc from ATT,when we move to Phoenix in a couple weeks!
    ImKristen

Answer by ImKristen at 1:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• my mom does and she hates it. Comcast talked her into it and she is actually paying more. and she has a 2 year contract she can't get out of. The direct TV is an east code feed so all the prime time shows are on at 5 pm when she's still at work,she had to set up the internet all by herself, we'll actually I did with at least 10 calls to customer service, major hassle still don't work right.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• uh actually it's quest she's having the problems with, not sure how Comcast is, and her bill is also always wrong and they never credit you correctly just like amparootega says.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I seem very uneasy about getting Direct TV so I think I might just go with my gut and stay w/comcast. They have us by the throat, but at least I know what I have. I thank you ladies for your advise.
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 12:14 AM on Feb. 1, 2011