How is it I go from never having a period to having one every month after I give birth?

First time I got pregnant we did it on our own (w/o fertility drugs) and 2nd time round was taking a really long time to concieve so went to the doc and found out I have PCOS. Took Clomid for 2 months then got pregnant on the 3rd month. A month or so after giving birth last april I have been having my period every month. Who would have known that giving birth would help my cycle get back on track. Were about to start trying for baby #3 here real soon and it looks like as long as Im having af every month I wont need clomid this time. Has anyone else ever experianced this?

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 7:06 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never had regular periods until after my daughter was born

Answer by rkoloms at 7:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Ur body regulates itself while u are pregnant because of ur hormone levels changing i
    kdtmartin

Answer by kdtmartin at 9:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I have PCOS too. It took a while for me to get pregnant with #1, but I was having regular periods. I'm guessing that I wasn't ovulating in a regular way. My body reset after #1 and #2 was an oops. I was regular after her as well, but the PCOS made it necessary for fertility drugs with #3.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:39 AM on Jan. 31, 2011