How much to charge?

I've created a couple of diaper cakes for friends and I've been told it'd be a good idea to try to sell some. I was thinking something like $15 - $20 over what I paid for them, which would make the following ones about $35 each. Is this a fair price? Would you buy one for that?

AmberBrat

Asked by AmberBrat at 7:10 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You would make a lot of sales at that price considering everyone else sells them for $75 or more.
    MyOpionCounts

Answer by MyOpionCounts at 7:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I would say at least 40-50 those look like they took at lot of time, effect and creativity.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I used to make them and towel cakes for weddings or bridal showers. you need to charge more. i love the top one. go look them up on ebay and see what they charge. u will be surprised. i haven't seen one in years. good luck
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 7:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Generally for retail, the formula is to take what you paid for supplies then double it. You might also want to tack on a bit more for your time and any other overheard you have.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I was told no less then double whatever it is that you are selling. but you have to concider not just your money put into it but your time also. I know it took you longer then 10 minutes to make it.
    mommy6xs

Answer by mommy6xs at 9:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Around here they sell for $15 - $20. You'll have to price them in your area.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:32 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think your price is more than fair, I've made these in the past for shower gifts and I would charge $40-$50 for a large cake with lots of goodies tucked in.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:57 AM on Feb. 6, 2011