about a cat

how can you keep a cat from spraying all over the place and stinking everything up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Pets

• get them fixed.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• YOU CANT....you have to get them fixed. No way around it. If you go online you can find vouchers to help you pay, because it gets pretty expensive. I have to do this with my kittens/toddlers....they are starting to show the signs of being in heat.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 7:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• yep, the only way I know of is to get them fixed.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• What they said get it fixed.
    MyOpionCounts

Answer by MyOpionCounts at 7:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Like everyone else said, you have to get them fixed. Also, be aware that now since the cat is doing the marking it might not stop after being fixed because it becomes a learned behavior. The sooner you get it fixed the better your chances of stopping the habit.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 7:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• google low cost spay and neuter clinics...no cat should ever NOT be fixed :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• If he already sprays, will he stop after she gets him fixed? IDK, I've never had a cat spray. I had 2 boy cats that their pee smelled really strong, like they sprayed. But, it was the canned food. Once I stopped feeding them that, the pee wasn't so strong.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• get them fixed..its not expensive like everyone seems to think it is..its only like 25 to 40 dollars to get them fixed.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• get them fixed that is the only way
    hdemom2011

Answer by hdemom2011 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Sometimes cats that are fixed will continue to spray. But that is a sign that something else is wrong. My cat did it for close to a year until we discovered that her kidneys were crystallizing and it was extremely painful for her. It was the only way for her to let us know what the problem was.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2011