Boys shoes

My 8 yr old son wears his shoes out within 2 months...especcially the toes. I try and buy his shoes at Ross for $15.99 or less if I can. I was wondering if there are brands of boys shoes out there that are more durable than others, and if how much longer they last are worth the difference in the price. Thanks!!

purplerobin

Asked by purplerobin at 7:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Shopping

• I think its Kmart that if you buy a pair of shoes and they ware out within so many months they will replace the shoes, worth checking into. That way even if you pain $20 for a pair they will be replaced.

My son is only 3 so I haven't checked into it yet, but my mom used to buy shoes for us there.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• My son wears shoes out quickly as well. Nike was the worst for us. I have found that Sketchers brand took longer to wear out--at least for us anyway.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• My dad used to buy really cheap shoes for us, and my brother and I would go through them that quickly. I have to think better ones would have to last longer.

This might be the time to go to a kid's shoe store and let them do their job at helping you select the best shoes for your son. Tell them where he wears them out. Or, better yet, take a few of his older shoes so they can see. A person who knows shoes will hook you up. If the salesperson looks at you like you have 2 heads when you show them the old shoes, go someplace else. A great salesperson will NEVER make you feel uncomfortable! It's their job to help you, make them work for their $$ ;-)
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 8:10 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It depends on ur kids style i guess but my son is a rough and tumble kinda boy so i started buying him Justin's boots from the website. they look like cowboy boots but have a rounded toe and are more flexible too. The just need a good dusting once in a while but last a long time until they grow out of them.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 2:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Vans are great, as are DC's and Merrel, and Keens.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I agree with minimo77. I buy my son (he's 3) DC's. They last.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 7:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2011