What do you think?

Something to think about.
I think Obama knows exactly what he want to happen with the health care situation. I also think just what he wants is well under way.
It's obvious that premiums are going up and dr.s are dumping medicare patients, Companies are dropping benefits and coverage for pre existing illnesses is too expensive.
This is exactly what Obama wants to happen. The Obama exchanges will be restricted in what they charge and what they offer. If the Ins. company doesn't want to go along with it they are not allowed in.
Here is where the rationing comes in. If the costs cannot be kept down they will start cutting benefit out of the exchanges. While it may indeed be cheaper for certain patients, they will still lose their dr.(most won't want the cuts for regular patients and the restrictions placed on them) and there will be no guarantee the system will be sustainable.
Thoughts?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I would love to answer this but I am afraid I will get attacked by the certain ladies that answer all this questions. If you like Obama they think your an idiot and call you ever name in the book.
    Anonymous

• lol I'll just be nice and assume you (op) are joking.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 7:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• You're probably right. His plan...this whole time...was for everyone to end up with no healthcare.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I think he wasn't smart enough to be President and he wasn't expecting it to be s hard for him.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• If you can't see it then you have your head in the mud. You don't think Obama could think of something so simple. Especially after you have heard him say that gas prices should be higher to push people to drive green cars and that he would have to necessarily raise energy prices to get people to conserve or use green energy? Of course Obama has thought out the fact that he could let insurance companies charge whatever they want until 2014 when many people would be priced out of or dumped from their plans, leaving them nowhere to go but into the exchanges which regulations make cheaper at the time but will be deluged with red tape and leaving them unable to keep a Dr or have certain meds or procedures denied due to coat. It wouldn't surprise me if they purposely made the penalty amount businesses had to pay if they didn't offer the benefit low enough to entice them to drop the benefit and push those into the exchange.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Well, if you disagree with me maybe it's because your head is too far up your...oh, wait...Now i remember! Sometimes people have different opinions.

Glad i'm not so far removed from reality that i realize that.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I think that's a pretty jaded view.

Why would the president want the citizens of this country to be without health care? I think he was genuine in his desire to see Americans have access to affordable health care. The plan didn't work out in his favor, though, with all of the bipartisan bickering that completely changed the direction of his hopes to see lower health care costs and everyone covered by some sort of insurance.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 8:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• What all right-thinking individuals need to be thinking about is how to make sure that blight-on-the-land Obama is not reelected in 2012.

He is soulless.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• No, Js, not , no healthcare, just HIS healthcare. You can't deny what I said isn't happening, You see it every day people saying their ins has gone up, etc. If Obama really cared he would have made sure the insurance companies had a cap for how much they could raise the fees in the while we waited for him to pile up the cash for his plan. He didn't and the half- hearted letters HHS has sent insurance companies chastising them really hasn't done anything.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• It's obvious what the adm thinks of it. They have now given 733 exemptions to it. 

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2011