I am 37 weeks pregnant and home alone with three other kids I'm going insane!! Any advice?

bmom42

Asked by bmom42 at 7:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• Stop having kids?
    Anonymous

• i really dont think thats what she meant lol
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 7:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Do you have a friend, neighbor or family member who will trade child care with you?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Try to find something for them to do. I have a lot of rough days with my kiddos. I will try to get them all to watch a movie, or color, or find a game or some toys they haven't played with in a long time.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• read to them all together
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 9:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• is there anyone that you can call to give you a hand? If not try to busy them with little things that you need to do that they could possible do like pick up books dust, wipe the cabinets that type stuff
    kt2babies

Answer by kt2babies at 9:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Duct tape...it's your friend.
    Just kidding.
    Just keep breathing and take it one minute at a time. I'd say don't sweat the small stuff, ignore the mess and just put a movie on that will entertain them and give you a break. When all else fails lock yourself in the bathroom for 20 minutes and turn the water on to drown out the noise.
    I spent 3 months alone with 4 kids while very pregnant (my entire 3rd trimester). Not entirely alone. We lived with my dad but he didn't really help me much (if anything he caused me more stress). I gave up after awhile. I didn't have the energy to deal with the kids, especially my oldest (who has behavior problems) and especially the last few weeks. I muddled through some how, though.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:55 AM on Jan. 31, 2011