Why hasn't cafemom...

Done anything about some of the women in the Political and Current Events section? We have rights to our opinion but some of them just attack you for your opinion. The sit there and belittle you and call you names. They think they are all that and know everything. I've seen some of them have flaws in their answers yet no one sits there and attacks them for it. I see a lot of people say they avoid that section because they hate getting attacked for their opinions. That is all it is, an opinion. Why are we called ignorant stupid, among other things just because they don't agree with us? Yes it's a debate section but last time I checked debating didn't require attacking someone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I agree. That is a big reason why I don't frequent in that section. Oh well, the other sections are a lot more fun and a lot of the ladies that answer there are a lot nicer.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I would just avoid that section. Personally, I go to that section when I need a laugh.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Report them for personal attacks. Every time they are reported it goes in a file. If they get enough reports, they get suspended or kicked off for good.

That is the exact reason I don't hang out in that section. I can name five of the biggest offenders off the top of my head. They have been here for a long time and somehow... they stick around. But they really should be reported each time.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Since they know it bothers people they keep doing it.. the best way to put out the fire is to stop putting logs in it :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Something tells me that the ladies you does the attacking probably won't answer this on why they feel they need to attack others.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I never respond to those answers!!!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• This again? Being disagreed with isn't an attack. If you have real proof that demonstrates someone is wrong, post it. Blogs, internet rumors and bad you tube videos aren't proof. If you keep bringing blogs, rumors and you tube, don't expect people to take you seriously. If you constantly bring blogs, rumors and you tube, don't be surprised if people start treating you like a troll. There are all kidns of people who "disagree" who are treated with respect, because they disagree instead of whining.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• There is a way to respectfully disagree with someone. If they start name calling, then obviously they should be reported.
    bookmommy

Answer by bookmommy at 8:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I avoid that section some days for the same reason, or if I choose to participate I just try to ignore them and not take it personally. It's usually the same people over and over. I certainly don't want to stoop to that level in my interactions with other people just because they treat people that way. Everyone has a right to their opinions, and shouldn't be personally attacked for it. I usually assume they resort to name calling when they have nothing valid to add to the debate or they pick someone to attack to distract from their lack of answers. They think they're clever and pat each other on the back, but they just come across ignorant, bitter and hateful to me. They never seem to stop to reflect on their words at all. If I don't like a question, I just skip it; I don't harass the OP with 5 pages of personal attack answers. I had to skip through over 5 pages--mostly insults--just to answer a question the other day.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I agree with you Shaneagle777.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2011