What do you do in your devotions and when do you do it?

How do you spend time with God and when do you do it?

MChildressDem

Asked by MChildressDem at 7:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• In my morning devotional I welcome the Great God in to my life and thank him for bringing the light. I meditate and do a daily card reading. In my evening devotional I welcome the Great Goddess in to my life and thank her for life itself. I then take my daily offering out and leave it. I have a devotional bowl that I use for both which contains representations of all the elements, the Great God, the Great Goddess and myself...

I also have conversations with the Gods throughout the day.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I pray throughout the day, study, meditate, etc.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:28 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• When I'm not rushing out the door in the mornings, I usually do a devotion to the God(s) when I get up and thank him/them for the light of the earth that helps us all survive. At night, I do a devotion to the Goddess(es) and thank her for life, peace, etc. Sometimes I include that as part of my bedtime "ritual" and ask that she grant me pleasant dreams (I've had problems with nightmares since I was abused and raped as a child)/peaceful sleep. I do other devotions sometimes, as well. I do an altar devotion sometimes, and sometimes I do devotions/pray before eating (basically thanking the God for the sun that lets the food grow, and for the animals if we have meat, and thanking the Goddess for the fertility and blessings of the land). I also talk to the gods throughout the day, and I (usually) do daily meditations.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2011