Is it ok to start my 8month old on juice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I give mybaby some pear juice with the same amount of water in a sippy cup, butonly when she is constipated. When we go for walks, i just put a splash of the juice in the water. I don't think it's too early for juice, but they don't really NEED it, then why do you want to give it to her?
    livetolaughlove

Answer by livetolaughlove at 10:47 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• YES YES YES, just add a little water to it.......mine is 5 months and has about 2 oz a day of juice but in a sippy bottle, just so he gets used to the cup with handles, he plays with it mostly.....I know it will be a while b4 he drinks from a sippy cup but hey he loves it so......
    to your ? yes its ok
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I say no. My daughter is 16 months and we only do juice for a treat. It is so sugary with little nutrients. I would rather her eat fresh, raw fruit instead.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:13 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My son is 6 months && he drinks juice, but I agree with jcssfam5 above me. It should be something given very rarely considering the sugars. My husband is usually the one fillin' my baby up on sweet things.
    Blueberryplz

Answer by Blueberryplz at 9:09 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• At 8 mos, I'd say it's OK to give some, very diluted juice, once in a while, as a treat.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Kids dont NEED juice. ANd I dont think its a good idea at that age, but ask your ped..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yes it definitely is. Just dilute it (I do half and half). And make sure it's always 100% juice.
    sunshinemommy08

Answer by sunshinemommy08 at 10:12 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• If u think your baby is ready for juice do it! Just do half juice half water!
    Juliannamommie

Answer by Juliannamommie at 10:34 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Oh ya and make sure it is 100% Juice =] they have baby juice i would go ahead and buy that it is in the baby aisle!
    Juliannamommie

Answer by Juliannamommie at 10:35 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• ya it's ok but water it down and not too much. My son's 11 months and we still water it down
    rowansmum

Answer by rowansmum at 11:03 AM on Nov. 15, 2008