Fighting every 3 days !

Hello,
I adore my husband, but he's done some pretty hurtful things and I don't know how to forgive him and look ahead.

Issue 1: His family is more important - and they're possessive !

Issue 2: He neglects me in public.

When we meet his friends or family, he just forgets to introduce me, forgets to physically or emotionally show me he's there for me. I've been ignored for too long.
On the other hand, he knows how to complement his friends' wives, how to make them feel special. He says it's only social, but still I feel he flatters these other women more than me.

3. As a result of problem 1 + 2, we tend to spend 3 wonderful days, and on day #4 we have a TERRIBLE, LOUD FIGHT.
My issue : I feel hurt for # 1 or #2.
His issue: He feels it's not a big deal. He expects me to move on and ignore my hurt feelings.

We interrupt eachother and ofter shout to make sure our point is heared. When we're tired, we stop talking, we hug eachother and feel so much love and passion again, for about 3 days. Then another similar fight takes place with the same issues and identical dialogues.

PLEASE HELP US, WE LOVE EACHOTHER BUT ARE TRAPPED IN BAD COMMUNICATION !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• I go through some of the same stuff. Lately I have been feeling like it will never end. I have been trying to change the way I react and handle the argument each time to see if it changes the outcome at all. I think counseling helps to an extent. But when it comes down to it, it is really up to us how we choose to handle things. My SO is the same when it comes to letting things go and act like everything is back to normal. But if we don't talk about what happened and try to fix it, the same thing will keep happening. I am pretty sure it's a long process, but eventually things will work out if both parties try.
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Counseling to help your communication problem
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i know exactly how you feel i feel the same way sometimes but he thinks its ok like its normal.
    Bree_vee25

Answer by Bree_vee25 at 8:08 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Prayer works all the time.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Nothing will ever change if he doesn't realize what he is doing is hurtful and wrong.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 9:57 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Have you guys read the 5 love languages? I am in counseling with my dh and thats what the counselor recommended to us to read out loud to each other. She said the power is in the communication about it. Try that and save yourself some money in counseling.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2011