How long should i wait?

I've been with my SO for 2 1/2 years. we have a baby on the way, weve lived together for 2 years, we get along exTREMELY well.
He says how he wants to eventually get married. However, he never has ASKED me to marry him.
How long is it worth waiting for??

I have been waiting VERY patiently and slowly just getting frustrated :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• Why can't you ask him? It works both ways. If you feel you are ready and he is not asking then you can do it. No laws against that. I would go for it. I probably would have asked my SO but he surprised me.
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 2:20 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Be patient. Men on on an entirely different time clock than we are. Make lots of subtle hints and just wait. If you have a great relationship, chances are he's probably planning something! It's painful, but give it another year. If you think he's worth it!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 4:36 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Why is it so important that you have that piece of paper. You are happy. He is happy. Don't push because it may not be so happy anymore.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:37 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Maybe I'm old fashioned, but that piece of paper is very important if you have children. It makes it just that much harder to split up if times get tough down the road.

PP, I don't think OP is happy or she wouldn't be asking us about it.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 8:02 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Asked him if he would want them to throw rice or birdseed at your wedding?? It starts by talking ...even if it's an off the wall question..Crossing my fingers for ya!
    Joyo4

Answer by Joyo4 at 9:22 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yes, a frank and peaceful, non-accusing talk may be a good idea. Ask him about a time line. If he says marriage is not in his plans, then you have some thinking to do.

Answer by Bmat at 10:06 AM on Nov. 15, 2008