Do you believe in astrology

lillyblue111

Asked by lillyblue111 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, to a point. We can see scientifically that the placement of the moon in the sky affects the earth (ex: the tides). So I don't see why it's so hard to assume that the placement of the stars and planets would do the same. Now, for me it's an easy step further to see how it's easy to see how these placements could affect a developing brain of a newborn in a certain way as well. Which is why a Taurus for example could have a similar personality to other Tauruses, since their brains would all have been affected in a similar manner upon birth... And just like we can predict how a beach will be affected by a certain movements of the moon, we can also predict how people with similar brain chemistry can be affected by the movements of celestial bodies - which is the basis of horoscopes... However, do I think it's more than that? No.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I do think that SabrinaMBowen stated the answer very clearly and directly. I do have to agree that one's birth chart is an an effective tool to find one's strengths and weaknesses. Although, the are distinct differences between western and eastern astrology. Both of which can explain the total crap about the "newly discovered sign" when you dive into it. Overall, reading your horoscope is not going to hinder your relationship with God. If you make it a factor in your decisions, again not a problem. But, if it becomes a reigning factor in your life, I can see God becoming jealous.
    tdbaas

Answer by tdbaas at 10:44 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• a litttle
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:58 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• No. The attributes commonly assigned to my "sign" (Leo) are so far from who I am.

Answer by missanc at 1:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• No.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 2:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yes, but like all things, you have to see someone who really understands/studies this. You can't consult the local paper and be pissed off when it's way off....not even in the same ballpark. But overall, I agree with Sabrina.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:25 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Nope.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 7:44 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Yes I do, for God gave us the heavens as a means to tell time :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2011