Mail

I have to send a usb to my sister, it has some pictures of her wedding.
How do I do this? Do I need to go to the post office, how much will it be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Just for Fun

• YES go to the post office. They have nice padded envelopes that are not expensive to send. Putting insurance or sending it express or something will make it more expensive. If you're worried about it, wrap it in a few layers of bubble wrap and put in a small box - their smalles is something like $7 to send, and you can have deliver confirmation put on it. But definitely take it to the PO. And as far as putting "do not crush or bend" on it - trust me, it's not worth it - *I* work with the mail - I unload it off the truck, and load it into my pickup to bring to a few post offices - those little packages get thrown into big bags and I cannot see them - I cannot see if they say "fragile" or anything on them. And I KNOW I am not the only one who throws those bags around. So seriously - your best bet is lots of bubble wrap and a small BOX - sturdier than an envelope.
    Anonymous

• yeah you can go to the post office and they will put it in a package for you not sure how much it will be but I know its not expensive or anything.
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 8:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I would insure it. If they know it's insured they're less likely to lose it.
    Anonymous

• A usb is typically about the size of a slightly thick package of double mint gum. It is vulnerable to breakage, heat and needs to be protected with maybe a small sheet of bubble wrap and placed into a post office flat cardboard packets. The cost will be based on the weight of the entire envelope and if you want to have it certified delivery with confirmation and tracking. I'm guessing $5.00 ish....Make sure it is completely wrapped with protection because mail is thrown and slammed hardly during the process of transfer. Maybe write Fragile on the front and back of the envelope or DO NOT CRUSH OR BEND. The post master will give you more suggestions.
    kbutts

Answer by kbutts at 8:08 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Thanks Anon !!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• A little USB stick? I'd wrap it up and put it in a small bubble envelope. It shouldn't cost much to send. you could probabl yget by with 2 or 3 stamps
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2011