Nasty poop question- sorry! adult content

Ok, so my toddler isn't feeling well. He has had numerous bm's today and I have never seen poop like this! It's like bright bright green and mucusy- like Nickalodeon GAK!!! It's gross and I'm sorry for the TMI but I need to know if I should have him looked at or just let his cold pass? Thanks ladies. :(

Sharell8710

Asked by Sharell8710 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• That's a tummy virus
    If he isn't getting dehydrated,there's nothing a doc can do anyway
    Just keep pushing the fluids

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• You haven't been giving him anything purple or blue, have you? Like gatorade or pedialyte, or anything else with blue/purple dyes? Those turn poop bright green in anyone.
    Anonymous

• Thats true about the green poop
    Blueberries orTrix yogurt will do it too

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• if my son has red drinks, he has red poop! yes bright red poop! and he has blue/green poop from blue/green drinks! but yours is probably just part of the old/virus! it'll pass!
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Get him on the BRAT diet- Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast. Make sure you're pumping him full of fluids. If you have a nurse line that you can call, it might be worth it, even just for peace of mind. Hang in there, mama! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2011