• In the Spotlight:

Agree with the new imam at the Ground Zero mosque and cultural center?

The new imam at the Ground Zero mosque and cultural center believes people who are gay were probably abused as children and that people who leave Islam and preach a new religion should be jailed.

Abdallah Adhami's remarks on homosexuals, religious freedom and other topics have brought renewed criticism of the proposed community center and mosque near the World Trade Center site, which purports to be an inclusive organization.

Adhami, in a lecture on the Web site of his nonprofit, Sakeenah, says being gay is a "painful trial" caused by past trauma.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/gz_imam_gay_flay_K8wAYsyKlADqlz8Et5CuTP

myame

Asked by myame at 8:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• eye rolling

Anonymous

• points, just points
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Only thing I have to say on this is that people are born gay...
    MrsAJLaw

Answer by MrsAJLaw at 8:27 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I disagree wholeheartedly with this stance. What's funny is many who would agree with him are the ones who are against the mosque. lol
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• people are born gay..its just a matter of accepting urself and acting on it. Some people deny who they are because of society and how they were raised. which is probaly exteremly painful to never truly be who you were Made to be.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 8:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

***

Well, I DISAGREE with him and I DISAGREE with the Ground Zero Mosque!! Will wonders never cease!??! LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I agree with Lori.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I disagree with his statements, but if that became grounds for refusing the building of the mosque, then quite a few churches in this country would have to be shut down, as many priests and other religious heads have said the same thing.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 8:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Screw that moronic man! He's talking like most extremist islamic jerks. I don't think that ANYTHING MUSLIM needs to be built there. Make a memorial to the people there that died and who gave their lives helping others. Don't let it go to waste on something like that. It's still an open wound for so many of the people that live there. Why put something like that there when it was 9/11 was caused by the terrorists whom were the extreme muslims? Honor the people that died there don't do such a disservice to their memory.
    Bird16_J

Answer by Bird16_J at 8:55 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Well, I DISAGREE with him and I DISAGREE with the Ground Zero Mosque!! Will wonders never cease!??! LOL
    _____________________
    That's why I said many not all.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2011