Did you meet your FIL/MIL unprepared?

How did you meet your in-laws?

MMXI

Asked by MMXI at 8:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• I met my MIL in church, what I was unprepared for was the complete 180 she did when we got married. She went from being nice to being the biggest b*tch in the world. Talk about jekyll and hyde!

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• my DH and I got married after knowing each other 3 months(We both just knew and still happily married!). My family was concerned but happy for me. His family.... not as concerned with his happiness. Needless to say, I got interrogated via phone by my MIL. She told my DH that she likes me but she sure has a strange way of showing it. -__-
    BrookeKRod

Answer by BrookeKRod at 11:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• At a funeral.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i only have a mil and i made a special trip to her house so i could meet her. so it was planned and i was prepared lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• No, I was prepared..however, I didn't meet Mom and Dad until just after my and my Husband's 4 year Marriage Anniversary. hehe. They came out to visit Us when they were passing through. I'll be seeing them for the third time very soon, I can't wait!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I remember it was the day before Thanksgiving and my hubs and I had a date. He picked me up and then as we were driving he said 'guess where we are going?" and I had not clue and he said "we are going to my mom's and you can meet her and my step-dad". So I was surprised and wished he would have told me ahead of time so I would have dressed a bit nicer than the shirt and blue jeans I had on! It was a nice evening, and I did enjoy meeting his family.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I was lying on a blanket outside of DH's apartment (ground level multi-level building that they owned) on a Sunday morning. I had brought him and his buddy who was visiting some breakfast. His parents drove up with a couple of loads of laundry. I was really freaked that they thought I had spent the night there (one of the few times we had slept apart since we met a month before.) Needless to say, I was completely unprepared. I was due to meet them at dinner 2 nights later. Luckily they liked me and love me now.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• YES. My husband and I were out on a motorcycle joy ride. My hair was all over everywhere and knotted up from the wind. I didn't have on any make up so my face would get tanned from the sun. she was embarrassed because she almost lost her dentures out of her mouth when she was talking to me. lol she treats me as her own daughter. she loves me and i love her!!
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 8:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• My future husband and I had started dating. He was in college and I was a senior in high school. He took me to his parents' house for a meal. I absolutely fell in love with them. That was 34 years ago. They have both died now. I do miss them so.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• YES! I about killed my husband. I was wearing a short skirt and a tank top. I had no idea we were going to his house. His mom is LDS and her first impression of me stuck and she won't forget it. She thinks because I wore a short skirt I was a slut, from that point on she tried to destroy our relationship and is still trying to destroy our marriage.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2011