Did your child have jaundice? What week were they born?

My first two had jaundice...had to stay in the hospital. They were both born at 37 weeks

I am STILL pregnant with my third...38 weeks 4 days...and hoping her being inside longer will help her avoid jaundice

What do you think?

Did your baby have jaundice, what week were they born?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 8:44 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes my son did. He was born at 38 weeks exactly.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• yep all three....

first was born 37 weeks
    second 39 weeks
    and 3rd 38 weeks....

I was told its a blood type thing so your 3rd will probably have it too...all my kids were in the hospital 3 days with it.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• My daughter was and she was born almost 38 weeks, I was 37 weeks and 6 days.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• both of mine did but my first had to go back and be put under the billie lights cause hers just got worse and that was within her first week. but my second she had a touch of it but it went away pretty fast with no problems. my first was born at 38w 4d and the second was 40w3d.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• my daughter had slight jaundice and she was born 40 weeks. she didn't have to stay in the hospital....it was slight and went away in a week or so
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Both of mine did. My daughter was born 2 weeks early and I had to bring the light home with me for her jaundice. My son was born 3 weeks early. I didn't have to bring the light home with me, but we had to stay in the hospital a couple of extra days so he could stay under the light there.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 8:38 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My son did but it cleared up on its own and he was born 12 minutes shy of 42 weeks.
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 2:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2011