OMG!! why does it cost so much?!

to file ur taxes?! ugh!
went to H&R block and it cost like 350 bucks! if i hadnt of been sitting there already for 2 effing hrs doing the dang things i would of said screw this and left but i was ready to get it over with so i went ahead with it...
hope my DH isnt too mad : /
and yes i know i could of done them online myself but i REALLY didnt feel like screwing anything up. especially once i found out we had to file for out of state residency..wow! another form! and more money! ahhhhhhhhh

**update**

Dh is NOT mad : D yay! hes actually proud of me..

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 8:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Just for Fun

• If your getting a whole bunch back you wont notice the dent lol...last year i H& R block did ours and it was 350 also BUT we got back about 8 grand.This year i did our fed and state and didnt pay a thing at taxslayer.com...Since DH is the only one working taxes are easy for me to do lol....
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 8:55 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Ug, that sucks. I've never had someone else do them, so I didn't know it costs that much!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• They should tell you the cost before they do your taxes. That's extremely high. I do my own taxes.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i alwaysdo my taxes at hnr block and they are so expensive but so is jackson hewit the only way to go cheap is doing it online
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 8:55 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• o boy, we have to pay alot more than that because our taxes are complicated lol. and we're lucky enough to be on the 'audit' list too.....i hate tax season!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I never had anyone do mine either and after hearing this I am glad i didn't. if dh gets mad tell him to do it next year
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 9:00 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Wow thats a lot. I did H&R last year and we had out of state to file too and it only cost us 100, though we don't have any kids. This year we have an accountant due to a lot of new things and not wanting to screw it up so it will cost a little bit more but that is because we have WAY more complicated things.
    Did H&R hike their prices up??
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 9:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• she told me how much i was going to get back and how much there services were and i had the option of leaving but like i said i had already been there for 2 hrs with 3 young kids.2 of whom who were running around and screaming "playing" with the other tax ppl who were not busy nor working. and i was soo ready to go i just threw my hands in the air and decided to bite the bullet. i figured we were getting anough back already..but it bugs me..how we could of had 350 more dollars. SIGH. thats how much my new kitcehn table and chairs and a high chair cost!!
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i really dont like bragging..but yeah i figured the 350 out of 9 1/2 K wasnt too bad : (but lets see how mad my dh is when he gets online tonight!
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• jackson hewitt was the same if not more. i had them do it last deploy.
    lol and yes next year he will definantly be doing it himself!
    altho wait do i have to be there to sign the paper too?? even tho i dont work?
    *today i had to sign for both him and me via a POA*
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2011