mother in law!

my husband was so excited when he found out i was pregnant! i told him not to tell anyone just yet. but before i could tell him that, he had already phoned his mother. this will be her first grandchild and shes 72. so i get on the phone with her and asked her to please not tell anyone yet. i still have to go to the dr. so my husband was talking to his brother tonight and found out that he knew! she told frigin everyone!!! my husbands and i confronted her and she denied telling them! this is ridiculous. i need to set up boundaries with her before this baby gets here. any suggestions?

mykidsmom86

Asked by mykidsmom86 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Be honest with her. That she disrespected you and overstepped her bounderies by telling everyone, especially after being asked not to. She needs to know exactly how you feel.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I think that she was so excited about the good news that she just could not keep the news to herself. I would give her a break and not get mad at her (this one time) but in the future I would watch what I say to her.... and only tell her things that I would not mind her repeating and sharing with others.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• shes 72 leave her alone
    what harm does it do why make such a big deal out of something that wont matter a year from now?
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• The lady is 72 and this will be the first grandchild I can see why she would be pretty excited. Now she has to feel guilty for being so excited chalk it up as a misunderstanding.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Oh, I forgot to add-- CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• well i wouldnt be too mad i mean i understand where you are cioming from but maybe shes just excited...i mean mine didnt say n e thing til i went to the dr. cause she said incase something happened...sooo ya idk...BITCH lmfao jk she just gets on my nerves
    Bree_vee25

Answer by Bree_vee25 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• :) Congratulations on your baby! In the future, if you don't want anyone to know something, don't tell her....as for boundaries....those will be set as you go along.....enjoy your baby, relax, and try your best to let her enjoy being a grandma....without her walking all over you, of course.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Well first Congrats and second good luck with the mother in law. My drives me crazy and I didn't know how to make it stop
    kdtmartin

Answer by kdtmartin at 9:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i agree with you guys for the most part. i should have added that she constantly stops over and shes very manipulative!! she gets on my nerves, maybe its just my hormones!!!!!!
    mykidsmom86

Comment by mykidsmom86 (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• First of all Congrats, now second i was thinking omg what a fn Bitch but then u sd she was 72,lol id give her a break she must of been so excited that she was going to finally be a grandma.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2011