help any suggestions?

my kids are very hyper, i have cut out sugars and sodas, they eat healthy i make 80% of what they eat. most of what i use is fresh. and we play we play alot every day and i have even started a morning exercise routine. yes i know 2 and 3 years of age but they have fun doing it. but they are still hyper and they dont like to go to sleep we have the same scedual every night and start bed time routine at 630 but they dont get to sleep till bout 1am. and then they get up around 7 on their own. im worn out i need help. mhow do i get them to calm down?

mamaslove4ever

Asked by mamaslove4ever at 9:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• First let me ask do you have a full time outside the home as well?Because that would help answer the question why they get up early.Second if you choose to get them up that early dont forget you could use some personal time so that your not so overwelmed and feeling tired.(same for the evening).I agree no excersising late in the day it keeps their body acitive.Before bed time maybe and hour before i suggust what i would call quiet time.pull out books and such;then when its time tuck them in etc.I did this with all three of my boys even now that they are older . It adds peace and calm to the evening.
    cat260

Answer by cat260 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Push the bedtime routine back two hours. Maybe if they stay up longer they will go to sleep easier.
    Also, don't allow them out of their beds for at least 30 minutes. Then they can come sit with you on the couch for 5 minutes. Then it's back to their bed. My SIL tried this with her son and he was out like a light by the time he went back to bed.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Maybe they are going to bed too early for them. My DD was ADHD and I gave her a warm bath every night just before bed. We sang and read ONE book then she went to bed. It took awhile but she finally learned to self sooth herself. She was afraid of the dark so I put Christmas lights up in her room. We adopted her a 5 years old and we moved very slowly and gave her a chance to heal.
    Mommad1947

Answer by Mommad1947 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• first of all i would say 6:30 is awfully early. if you put them in bed and turn off all lights and tv or radios, they wont have anything to do but sleep. don't have them exercise in the evening because that gets their blood pumping. are you staying up late? if u r up they will want to be with you.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 9:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• get outside and play, do a mommy and me class, like swim and no nap then try putting them to bed at 8pm-- my kids have slept from 8pm-6am since they were 18 m/o but we go go go ALL DAY today we sled down a 75foot hill 4 times (and so climbed up) we swam for 30 minutes I made the older one make dinner (she 6) she shaked and I baked we danced thru 2 kid CD's practiced writing and the 4 y/o took out the garbage
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i start bed time routine so early because it takes them forever to get to sleep the later i start it the later they go to sleep
    mamaslove4ever

Comment by mamaslove4ever (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• im a sahm they wake up that early on their own, the exercising is in the morning after breakfast
    mamaslove4ever

Comment by mamaslove4ever (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• If they are still taking naps, I would cut it out so they would fall asleep easier. Every child is different.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:49 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Ok, tell us more about the routine at bedtime. Do they sleep in their own beds? Or do you have to lay with them? Do they nap?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2011