How can i get my youngest son to sleep in his own bed

he is 9mths and has to sleep next to someone otherwise he wakes up i have tried to put my own clothes i the crib so he thinks i am there but that doesnt seem to work?

mija804

Asked by mija804 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• be persistant just keep putting him in his bed...if he crys let him he will be okay he will get the hang of things and adapt to sleeping by his self try putting on his fav movie and stuffed animal
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Well you have to realize that this is a problem that you created so it will take you feeling "mean" to fix it :(. If you want him to sleep in a crib...continue (or begin) a night time bedtime regime. I would then put him to bed AWAKE in his bed everynight. This is similar to teaching a newborn to sleep in a crib only this may be much harder as he may cry a lot more. I would say goodnight and leave him be. If he begins to cry, you enter the room between 2-5 minutes later and give him a binky, or simply say "go to sleep" if he doesnt take one and close the door. The goal is to stretch out the time you enter the room into longer increments. I will warn you this can take days. You have to be consistent and not give in or you are back to square one. Best of luck my friend...you may need it.
    sweetiepie8540

Answer by sweetiepie8540 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• This is a tough stage to go through, but if you have the "balls" to do it then it is worth it in the end. Put him in his own bed, and let him cry. I know that is difficult for alot of moms, but babies are real smart and they will get the hint. I did it with my kids and nobody died, nobody is mad at me and all my kids are perfectly healthy! Give it a try, and you will be thanking your lucky stars that you did!
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 9:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2011