Help with irregular periods and conceiving

My fiancée and I are trying to conceive:
Can I still get pregnant if I skipped 3 months of having my period (stress induced), if I have unprotected sex every other day for a month, not knowing if my period would actually come the 4th month?

Also, I used an app on my iphone to determine when my period should actually be coming, my last period was in October 2010 and I know I'm definitely not pregnant. (this has happened to me plenty of times before.)

I'm trying not to go to the doctor's for an answer I might be able to get online for free, you know? So I figured I'd give this a shot, then schedule an appointment. (:

wheresthesunset

Asked by wheresthesunset at 9:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Maybe, maybe not. Are you charting and checking your cervical mucous?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• No I haven't but I did read something on that earlier. Also, people told me ovulation kits aren't worth it?
    wheresthesunset

Comment by wheresthesunset (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Honestly you NEED to see a doctor. You periods are beyond irregular. Your pattern SCREAMS Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome to me.

If that's the case you may need Clomid in order to ovulate.

You can also look into Soy Isoflavones (natural Clomid) which can be bought for VERY CHEAP online or at a local health food store. You take it on days 2-7 and it's VERY effective in women who are having trouble ovulating which YOU ARE if you are not having periods every 28-24 days.

Also ovulation calculators, calenders, apps, etc. are INACCURATE and can NOT tell you when you will ovulate or when your period will come because you are irregular, they do not know your body and they work off off myths and EXTREMELY out dated science.

Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and learn how to chart. Irregular cycles and conceiving are typically NOT an issue if you know how to chart. I've always been irregular and have NO issues TTC.
    Anonymous

• That should say every 28-45 days.
    Anonymous

• Maybe? At least you know you did all that you could do to concieve in the mean time. Setting up a doctors appointment is worth it in the long run :)
    ChelseATX

Answer by ChelseATX at 2:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• if u are not having a period u are more them likely not ovulating... Have u been the doctor yet there is a lot of things you can use to help u with ur periods
    kdtmartin

Answer by kdtmartin at 5:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2011