long question but need advice bad...sorry so long but please help adult content

so i am 20 and my mom died of a acc. overdose of presc. drugs when i was 16....i am married with 2 kids now and my mil has never been a medicine taker and now that she is back with her first ex husband(also my hus. dad long story) he has convinced her that she is always sick and is loosing her mind becoming depressed every day and has got her taking zanax and some other kind of depression pill...she is always moody and yelling at me and my kids and when she was with her other husband she didnt have money cuz he had the bank acc with both of their paychecks (another long story) i fear that she will become more addicted to the pills because on top of taking hers she is also taking some sleeping pillsgiven to her by him...and she also is all ways "sick" even though in 6 years she was rarely sick but now is at the drs every week taking days off of work which she never did either so my question is what should i do my husband just says all we can do is just leave it alone and let whatever happens happen but i have tried to help her by cleaning and cooking everyday but she never says thanks or good job it is only what isnt done right or whatever...i am sooostressed out and dont know what to do to help me calm down or help her calm down and stop lissening to her boyfriend (whos is always doped up on his meds too)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree, God bless you for wanting to help but people cannot get help if they are not asking for it. Let it be, and pray for her continually! That is all you can do. Good luck, you sound like an amazing, sweet and loving caring woman. I'm sorry for all you've been through. You'll have good Karma too!!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• You can't help someone that doesn't want to be helped. You are going to make yourself sill and your kids and husband are going to suffer if you continue to try to fix your MIL. I know it will be hard but you need to concentrate on yourself, your kids and your hubby. Good Luck.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Drugs are an issue where the person taking them has to see their are making a mistake. You just have to pray that she see herself anf wants to make a change . Sorry that you are going through this but just know that it has nothing to do with you . It might effect you but peole use for their own reasons and you just have to stand strong.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 9:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2011