Imbolc Herb Gardens

Many of you stated you were going to be doing some planting of herbs for Imbolc. So what are you planting? And are these herbs strictly for magick or cooking or will you use them for both?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Just some simple herbs. Basil, rosemary, sage, parsley. Not sure what else.

I use in cooking, but that is where I focus my spiritual energies as well.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I am going to "try" (not much of a green thumb lol) to plant some basil, rosemary, parsley and peppermint. Mostly what I use regularly for cooking and my herbal teas.

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:06 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• For both... Thyme (both), parsley (cooking), onion (both), basil, rosemary, sage, (both) I have a peppermint bush, and
    my mother is going to replace my bay tree that she gave me 2 yrs ago, but accidentally killed last yr...
    There are many others I like to start or even keep in the house, but put in larger planters... I like catnip also
    (magickal work only) but my 4 kitties tend to keep it really trimmed down for me along with cat grass, both
    I have to actually keep outside or on the back porch to grow...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• we already have mint
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:57 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I am loving reading all of your answers.....im going to have to get more things to plant lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:28 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Well...not for Imbolc, but my Circle is thinking about doing these for Oestara (but with planting herbs instead of grass):

Egg Heads

Photo by: Mottey

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 31, 2011