what age did you switch from a bottle to a cup?

my son will be 10 months in 10 days, he drinks from his sippy cup all day, he only gets a bottle before bedtime. I was just thinking about totally removing the bottle, but i'm unsure if he is still a little young for that..what age did your children give up their bottle?

dmdemes

Asked by dmdemes at 9:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he is already drinking from the sippey cup then go with it!! That is great! Get rid of the bottles once you know he will accept them at night too..
    Chole06302010

Answer by Chole06302010 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• my daughter was 10 months when i took her bottle away. she didnt even care
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I introduced sippy cups at 5-6 months but they only got water, milk or juice in them (water 95% of the time). Bottles were for formula and they used those until they turned 1. By then they were down to 1 a day, usually before bed and I just stopped giving it to them. I'll be doing the same with my youngest. I had no issues with the other 4 and don't expect any with this one.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• We went from breast to cup. We introduced a sippy cup with water at nine or ten months.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2011