Head of Household.

Why are so many threatened to have their man as the head of the household? If you married (or are with) a good man why is it a bad thing?

notjstasocermom

Asked by notjstasocermom at 9:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• How good a man is has nothing to do with it. Him being head of household makes some women feel like they are worthless and "belong" to the man. A relationship is of equals, not one person superior to the other.
    Anonymous

• i dont know i love my husband being the hoh cuz if i dont want to work i dont have to
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I live by the bible version of him being hte head of my household but to me that does not mean he is better then me. I know that we discuss things together for the better of our family unit. My husband makes alot of dicussion only after talking to me but I feel good knowing he is the worrier for my family.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 9:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• my hubby once said if i can get in his pant i can be the boss yes i can wear them but they are to big
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Its not about whos better. Both partners are equal, different yes but still equal. Its apparent many women do not know what head of household means.
    notjstasocermom

Comment by notjstasocermom (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Then what does it mean to you?
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I loooove having my husband be the hoh he is awesome and I trust him.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• My husband would rather not be in charge of our family. Our family works better with both of us running the ship.
    JuliaW

Answer by JuliaW at 10:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i have no problem with my SO being the head of the household. in my first marriage, i was hoh and while i enjoyed running things at first, it was miserable to have a man that eventualy seemed so weak and emasculated. i have a very dominant personality and i need a man who is independent and can stand up to me...a man thats with me because he wants me, not because he needs me. my current SO definately hears me out, but ultimately he makes the calls. we both work and pay half the bills. whats left over for each of us is our money to spend as we please. if he spends all his money on stuff for himself, then im left to buy the diapers, groceries, and other stuff the kids might need. but the fact that he doesnt do that, he meets his childrens needs (our son together and my son from a previous relationship that he considers his own) and my needs before his own reassures me that i can trust him to be the man of the house. continued...
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i dont always agree with his decisions, but i will ALWAYS stand by him and pick up the pieces if he fails. i will always have his back because i know that he will alwasy have our family's best interests at heart....i want a real man. im very independent, but i do occasionally need someone to put me in my place when i get out of hand...lol.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2011