nose bleeds ...

Every morning I wake my nose is bleeding, or it has dry blood on it where it bleed's throughout the night. Does this have anything to do with me being pregnant? Should I be worried about this and go to the doctor, or should I just wait until my next doctor's appt. ?

mommy2be0611

Asked by mommy2be0611 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Health

• I know the pregnancy hormones can dry out your eyes so they probably do it to your nose, too.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 9:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i have never had a nose bleed until i got pregnant and now (3 years later) i still get them...i dont know why or what causes them and nothing makes them stop but i would just mention it to your dr on your next visit

good luck
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I have had to put a moisturizer in my nostrils when I go to dry climates, it is called Ayre. I picked it up at the pharmacy in Target. It works wonders! If they are really bad then I would see a doc about getting them cauterized. My son has had to do this many times.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 10:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• 2 reasons that are common, high blood pressure or dry heat
    miraclemom914

Answer by miraclemom914 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Could be the pregnancy or the heat in your home can also be drying. I am not pregnant but having been getting nose bleeds from the heat. I have been using saline spray and find it helps.
    kayki

Answer by kayki at 10:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2011