To those who decided to breastfeed

Did you,for lack of another word,ask permission from your SO/husband before you chose to BF since he has a claim of sorts in your breasts?
I guess I never really thought about it,but he can't enjoy them as much if you're using them for another purpose
I'm all for BF'ing,don't get me wrong here

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• i asked him what his opinion was both because it would effect our sex life and it would effect his child...ultimately i was going to do whatever i wanted though....i only breastfed for a month because my son was projectile vomiting at every feeding. tuns out he is very lactose intolerant. my SO was thrilled when i stopped because he got his boobies back!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Nope. I wouldn't either. My breasts... to feed a baby or not, is MY choice. But my husband is not a control freak either.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Nope, it was always assumed that I would breast feed and just becsaue you are bf'ing dosen't mean your tata's can't mulit task. Just don't let your so squeeze too hard or they might get a faceful of breast milk.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 10:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• nope, my body, my boobs = my choice. He has no "claim" on them that overrules their natural intent
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Ask for permission? No. He encouraged me to BF. He still enjoyed them as well.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• My husband has no claim on any inch of my body. When I was breastfeeding, nurturing my infant came first. I hope that I am never in a relationship where I would have to ask my husband permission to breastfeed my newborn.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I didn't ask. Beside the fact that my dh was very supportive of me nursing, it seems almost like saying, well, he has to ask me to be able to use his penis to pee, because we also use it for sex...

Also, just because you're nursing doesn't mean that you can't enjoy sex as well, or that your breasts can't be part of the sexual experience. I had a very strong milk supply, and a very strong "let down" when my milk would come in, but after the beginning (when you shouldn't be having sex anyway), there wasn't really any confusion (for lack of a better word) as far as was I feeding the baby or having sex with my dh, kwim?

Also, as far as him having a "claim" to them - we're a couple, but it's my body. I don't have to get his permission to cut my hair, either, even though he looks at me, kwim?
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• My husband does not have claim to my breasts. They are mine and I don't need to ask permission to use them for their intended purpose. With that said, my dh was fully supportive of me breastfeeding.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i BF all 4 of my kids. i never really asked, he just supported.
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 9:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• My body, my decision, my husband was 100% supportive.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2011