How do u handle public bathrooms w/small children?

what do/would you find easiest?

Using an antibacterial wipe to clean toilet seat before letting your child sit?

Lining the toilet seat with the impossible to get out toilet paper?

Or do you purchase and carry seat liners?

kayki

Asked by kayki at 9:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Just for Fun

• i have boys so no sitting here! now that i think about it, i don't think they have ever had to poo in a public restroom. not sure if they just want to only do it at home, or if we have just been lucky.........hmmmmmm................BUT, i would use the toliet paper to cover the seat, just as i do for myself!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 10:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Antibacterial wipes. I get the travel size Wet Ones from Walmart/any store that carries them to keep in my purse. I also keep a travel size bottle of hand sanitizer for use after we walk out of the bathroom.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I bought my son a foldable travel potty ring (he's almost 3 and still learning to use the potty) which I always wipe after use on both sides. He does pretty well with it! Only thing is there is no grip to attach to the inside of the toilet ring. Maybe thats a good thing. I would have thrown it out by now if it did LOL
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• my son is 3 and he stands up to pee. so i dont have a real problem with the seat yet however my dd is almost ready to potty train so we will see
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 10:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I'm not worried about myself or my child getting germs on our butts, we just sit right down
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• We all just sit on the dang pot. Name one person whoever died from sitting on a public toilet and maybe then I'll give a dang, but till then as long as it looks ok, I'm sitting.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:03 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• taught my girls to hover,but also lined the toilet with paper.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:23 PM on Jan. 31, 2011