epidural

OK I seen the Youtube video, and i HATE NEEDLES!!!!!!!!!! I want to know do you really feel this huge needle going in your back? do you need a spinal block for this? Also is their any other way besides the epidural??? please help me, I am afraid of hosptials, and Needles sadly to say. but someone please send help and maybe ease my tentsion off labor. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• there are other forms of pain meds out there but in my oppinion I loved my epidural I didn't feel the needle at all it felt like a little pince I didn't even know he was done with it until he said ok are you ready and then I said yes he said well thats to bad I am already done. I have 2 kids and I would recomend it to anyone! expecially if it is your first the first is always the hardest to get dont be afraid honestley you will be in enough pain from the labor you wont really notice the needle and dont even look at it
    soldierswife11

Answer by soldierswife11 at 2:58 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I am afraid off them too && I won't lie, getting it hurt extremely pain. Not painful, more pressure than anything. Just felt like someone was pushing a push pin in my lower back, but afterwards you're complete paralyzed from the waist down. Cant feel anything or move, I think it was definitely the best route for me since I'm a total baby.
    Blueberryplz

Answer by Blueberryplz at 9:04 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i,ve had the epidural 3 times they numb you where the needle goes in all you'll feel is the tiny little pricks when they numb the spot where the needle goes in but it don't hurt no there is no other option that won't slow labor down because pain meds will slow labor and its still very painfull i recomend the epidural strongly its the best way to go as far as pain goes i promise its not as bad as you think iwas scared of it at first too but after the first time i woulnt have it any other way
    crystal292

Answer by crystal292 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2008