Moving into a new town...need your thoughts/experiences on school and politics

We are thinking about moving into a town that has the best school district in the area. The town has about 10,000 people, mostly of the same religion, all fairly well-to-do. We have heard from people that high school is brutal in that town, kids are superficial and judget other kids based on what the father does for a living. I am having a hard time reconciling this hearesay (although from multiple sources) vs. it's one of top 20 ranking schools (possibly in the entire state). Have you had similar experiences? Can you share your thoughts? Thanks.

Olivia4116

Asked by Olivia4116 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think that high school is brutal no matter where you live and that all teenagers are superficial, it wouldn't stop me from moving into a district with good schools
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• thats a tough one if the school is really good you have to trust that you raised you child right and not think about what others have
    kt2babies

Answer by kt2babies at 10:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2011