Should I be concerned if My four year old girl likes to talk about boyfriends and pretend her teddy bears are boyfriends? How do I react?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sounds normal to me. My daugher didn't do this, but my son has ALWAYS liked girls.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• When I worked in preschool, some of the girls would say so and so is her "boyfriend". It was pretty innocent.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:10 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• worried no just keep and ear out for the things she is saying to make sure they arent going out there
    kt2babies

Answer by kt2babies at 10:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i would be wondering where this was coming from for sure , do you or someone close to her having ''boyfriends around ?
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• @letstalk747 Just me, dad brother live in the household. No boyfriends around, only person who would talk about boyfriends would be here teenage aunt.Everyone else with associate with lives in a family home.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:20 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• If I were you, I'd be a little concerned. In the psychological mind that I have, if a child is acting "too old" for their actual age, then something could be going on. Talk to her about it. Ask her where this came from, and who she's heard it from. Don't provoke an answer (i.e. did daddy say this). Let her tell you who it is, but other than that, just talk to her.

If it's something at school, then you should talk to her teachers, because something not good could be happening to another child.

I hope I helped.
    GothicChk52

Answer by GothicChk52 at 9:55 AM on Feb. 6, 2011