Why is it that many people assume the amount of money you make determines how hard you work??

Don't get me wrong I know that many people who make good money work hard to do so, but there are also many people who work just as hard but just don't receive a big paycheck. I see so many comments about how people who don't have a lot of money just need to work harder, since when does your income determine how hard you work??

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Just for Fun

• They think that b/c they know no different. They are incapable of imagining what it might be like sporting another's pair of shoes ...
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 11:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• yeah, the less money you make the harder you work :p (okay im generalizing, but it sometimes seems that way!)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Well a person that says that is a very ignorant one. People that make less money have to work much harder and more hours to even survive. I used to work 12 hour days a hardly made over 20k a year.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I don't make a lot of money and I am a nursing assistant. I work my ass off but I do what I have to do for my family. I'd like anyone to try and tell me that I need to work harder...cuz I'd love to let them work my job for a day. Their mind would be changed...lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• maybe they mean work harder to achieve a better paying job/a better place in life?
    i mean i know lots of people that have hard jobs that make way less money than people who sit around all day and have it all easy!
    people have different views on 'hard work' i mean i work hard every day-- SAHM-- but don't get a paycheck!
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I have one of those "easy" jobs making good money. But the reason for it being easy is that I love it and that I am very efficient and finish things faster than other people. Most of the people would complain doing my job. It is a matter of view point.
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 10:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• it depends where they started on the ladder. Those at the lowest end will work hard because it is competition. Those at the higher end slack off some, maybe they're in the comfortable mode.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 2:41 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• good ? some people who work so hard make almost nothing
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 2:42 AM on Jan. 31, 2011