First period after a baby, TMI Please help

Okay so I got my first period after having my son when he was four months old. It was just like my regular flow but it lasted for five weeks before I went to see a doctor. She said it was normal after having a baby for it to last that long so I just tried to not worry. It has now been just over two months and I've only gotten a two day break throughout the two months. I am anemic so I'm extra worried about it. This can't possibly be normal but my doctor says it is. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I go see a different doctor? Help I'm freaking out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Health

• I don't know if it's normal or not. Right after I had my children, I bled for like 3 weeks straight & then stopped and had a normal period a month later.

I would call & at least talk to a nurse about it...they can consult with the Doctor & call you back. That would be terrible to bleed like that. Also you should take an iron supplement. I believe from back when I was pregnant, they may cause constipation also (the iron pills).

It looks like after 4 months that you would be back to "normal" as far as the periods go. Maybe your hormones are still out of whack. I would call & speak to a nurse & let them know how long it's been and your concern. You may have something else going on? You need to be checked out.

Good luck, I hope you find out soon!!
    Kristie_S

Answer by Kristie_S at 10:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• It may mean that you need more iron. It's also possible athat you started your period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2008