I HAVE TO ASKED IF I TOOK THE DEPO SHOT ONLY TWO TIMES CAN IT BE A LONG WAIT TO GET PREG? I DONT HAVE REGULAR PERIOD I HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER ALLREDY BUT AFTER I HAD HER IT BEEN HARD TO GET PEG AGAIN I NEED SOME ANSWER ANY ONE THAT COULD HELP PLEASE IT WOULD BE HELP FULL

marycoch123

Asked by marycoch123 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The problem with Depo is that is last 3-18 months from JUST ONE shot.

The know that for 99.9% of cases it will last AT LEAST 3 months but they have no way of telling case to case who will have it last for longer. My friend was told this by her OBGYN when she had trouble conceiving a year after having just ONE shot.

Her body was still going through each cycle as if she was on birth control. She was able to conceive at the 18 month mark. Try charting to see if you are ovulating and if it's happening regularly. You can learn how through either the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility or through the Fertility course at http://www.fertilityfriend.com/.

You can also chart at that site for FREE.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Jan. 31, 2011