what is your stand on the age of evolution being taught in school?

Ex: the time it took for humans to get from atom to human?>

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 11:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in

• Love it, personally.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Are you talking about the actual times being taught based on palentology and chemistry? Or the stuff being taught in some schools being passed off as evolution but is actually creationism instead?

I believe that science class should be science, and creationism and other religious teachings taught in a religions class. I have no problem with religion begin taught in public school, but not as part of the science curriculum.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I believe it is the proper thing to teach in science class..and if a school wants to have an extra circular religion class that teaches creatism then they can provide it but not force kids to take it.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 11:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I don't agree with them teaching it as fact, because it is really still just a theory, so I think they should give equal time to teaching creationism as well.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• There is a seperation of church and state... science classes teach science... evolution isnt just humans you know - it plays into adaptions of animals to fit the needs of the environment.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:32 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I have no problem with it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think they are just guessing.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It's basic science... Why wouldn't they teach it?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I loved the way my bio. Teacher taught it. She never said humans evolved from apes, or that we were only atoms.. She taught us that evolution occurs. And it does. People living near the equator have darker skin so they won't burn as easily, animals who live in the snow, evolved to get bigger paws for easier movement in the snow.

Teachers don't have to teach Darwinism, they don't have to teach that we were once apes.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• If they are teaching from a philisophical point of view, then it needs to be in a elective religions class. If it's from a scientific point of view, then all aspects of how we came to be need to be adresses equally and unbiased. I personally would like my kids to learn all aspects; scientifically, religiously, and philisophically. At least they will be equiped with the knowledge to make their own decisions.

and evolution pertains to humans (how we've evolved over physically over time-taller, live longer), AND to plants, animals, the earth.
    Anonymous