What's the best FREE website to get information on people?

I am doing a search for a long-lost family member of a friend (we're not sure if the girl was adopted or if she stayed with her mother and just doesn't realize that her father is not her biological father--it's a very long story and it's not mine to tell so I don't want to give out too much info).

We found the mother, the name of the "father", but I can NOT find the name of thier daughter. No luck on Intellius. No luck on classmates. Marginal luck on zabasearch. Any other good sites you can recommend (bonus points if they list relatives)
Thanks.

LiliMama18

Asked by LiliMama18 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Adoption

• I kind of doubt there is any website like that. I'm pretty sure you have to pay for detailed info wherever you go. You'd probably have more luck with a local office, and I'm braindead right now about where exactly you would go. Some kind of office that keeps files on people.... Ok, that answer was totally not helpful at all! LOL! I need to go to bed!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Not a site but an idea. If you know anyone close in the family has died (grandparents) search for their obit they usually list family members.

I had a reporter contact me about trying to contact my brother for an article. Asked how he connected us it was through our fathers obit.... just a thought it might work.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• GOOD idea, thanks!
    LiliMama18

Comment by LiliMama18 (original poster) at 11:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• http://stevemorse.org/birthday/privateeye.html

not sure what kind of info youre working with...check the different buttons on the site. i think they limit you to 2 searches a day. its been awhile since ive used it.
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 8:01 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• is there one?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• www.pipl.com
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 7:13 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• you can get an intro to ancestry.com and you can search by birth records, divorce, marriage, and death certificates.
    HeatherRainbow

Answer by HeatherRainbow at 7:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2011