what works best to get out childrens paint from a shirt. i have tried everything from stain removers, soaking it even leaving it out on the line for the sun to hopefully remove it....but its still there!

shirl16

Asked by shirl16 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Home & Garden

• try oxi soak overnight...that all I know
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Put some Dawn dish detergent on it and let it soak for 30 minutes. Then wash it in a detergent with oxi-clean. If you've already put it in a dryer, it's already been set in You can also try Murphy's Oil Soap.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• soak the stain in hairspray and let it sit for an hour... wash it with oxi-clean, and if its still there repeat the hairspray/wash. If you've already dried the shirt in a dryer though nothing is going to work. I use to paint sets in high school for the plays, I've gotten a lot of paint out of numerous clothes.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• resolve works really well for me... boiling water takes out gum, maybe it'd work?
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 6:12 AM on Jan. 31, 2011