What are some essential baby items will a new mom need?

shirl16

Asked by shirl16 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say some sort of wrap FOR sure!! I have a moby wrap and my daughter, and myself, love it! She is 21 months and still likes to use it from time to time.
    kayandkai

Answer by kayandkai at 11:44 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I found my swing and bouncer to be must have's, they allowed me to shower and get the dishes done, as well as other small daily needs. I also LOVED my pac n play. It was a very nice one with bassinet/changing table on top, and then the play area below for when he got bigger. It vibrated, played music, and had a little night light for middle of the night diaper changes. I found it beyond helpful for when we spent 1 night at grandma's, or went out of town, and my DS used if for 2.5 years. I kept it for my next one because I loved it so much.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• a moving lamp that hangs on the crib my daughter loved hers they are great to keep them busy why you finish mommy time
    kyiahsmommy

Answer by kyiahsmommy at 12:11 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My friends all agreed that swaddling blankets, diaper rash cream, diapers, nipple cream (if you're BFing), swing, onesies, socks, mittens, hats, bibs, bath tub and bath stuff, and something to sleep in, like a bassinet or my personal favorite - the fisher-rice rock 'n play sleeper.
    This is just a basic list of stuff you need right away. Oh, and my cousins swear by Gripe water and Gas-X.

Good luck!
    foreversweetpea

Answer by foreversweetpea at 12:47 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Diapers and wipes and lots of them and bath stuff and receiving blankets,you can buy a kit that has like nail clippers and a therometer and other stuff that you will need you can get them most anywhere.sleepers and yes gas x like that other person said i have a four month and these are just some of the things we helped me out and i wish you good luck
    cwsmommy10

Answer by cwsmommy10 at 2:54 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• For you to buy someone else? Swaddling blankets, Boppy pillow and slipcovers, onesies, burp cloths, baby towels, baby wash cloths, baby brush/comb, nail clippers and nail files, bibs, sleep sack. I wouldn't buy diapers, wipes, baby bath, lotion, etc. for someone else. I just know people always did that for me and I never used any of it because my kids had severe reactions to the usual diapers and wipes (we use cloth now) and the soaps and lotions (we use Burt's Baby Bee). Just because you buy Huggies and Johnson & Johnson, doesn't mean new mom will appreciate or even be able to use it.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:29 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• A Boppy
    Emilypit

Answer by Emilypit at 2:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• the mommy bear!!!!!
    Sarahe786

Answer by Sarahe786 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• a sling, or other carrier
    a nursing bra or two
    a good man who understands you
    cloth diapers
    lots of onsies and washcloths
    a cosleeper
    brewers yeast tablets

Answer by rkoloms at 7:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2011